View count: 2605
1. Establish the basic disciplines in biological fields and the knowledge of agricultural production for the students.
2. Foster the students to utilize the knowledge in response to the needs of the country, the development of new varieties, and the innovation of agricultural technology.
3. Nourish the trend of students' forward-looking point of view in the world food supply and the development of biotechnology to solve the agricultural problems and crises of human being.
4. Educate the students to own the honest, simple, fine, and industrious spirits, inspire the idea of the optimizing use of natural resources, and implement the work of social care and service.
Faculty and Students
◆Faculty：There are 13 Full-time teachers to include 5 professors, 4 associate professors, 4 assistant professors, and 3 part-time professors, totally 16 persons.
◆Students：The students of our department total 225 undergraduates, 68 Master students, and 29 Doctor students.
Core Research Topics
◆Crop production, Crop and seed physiology, Crop germplasm collection, Stress physiology, Weed management, Herbicide, Plant hormones and signal transduction, Plant tissue culture, Organic agriculture, Chronobiology, Medicinal crops, and Agrochemicals biosafety assessment.
◆Plant conservation, Crop molecular genetics and breeding, Plant cytogenetic and molecular marker application, Functional genomics of plant-virus interactions, Plant genetic diversity analysis, Map-based cloning of plant QTLs, Rice mutants development, and functional genomics.
◆Biostatistics, Experimental Design, Crop growth and development system, Plant epidemiology, and quantitative risk assessment.
Research Highlights and perspectives
1. Crop germplasm collection and biodiversity research.
2. Development and utilization of plant tissue culture.
3. Seed and crop quality testing.
4. Weed management and herbicide distribution.
5. Biological clocks and medicinal herbs research.
6. Responses of biotic and abiotic stress.
7. Crop genetics, cytogenetics, and breeding.
8. Molecular organization and evolution of maize B-chromosome.
9. Molecular genetics and genomics research.
10. Mutagenesis and functional genomics research.
11. Simulating the gene flow of GM and Non-GM crops in the fields.
12. Crop growth and development model.
13. Statistical methods in plant epidemiology and quantitative risk assessment
|Contribution of Alumni